1. I signed up for Netflix to get a bonus for that stupid Social City game I play on Facebook because I have a crush on a 22-year-old boy named Jesse and he asked me to play. And then, when I got my first DVD in the mail, I accidentally ripped the return envelope, so I couldn’t mail it back. So, instead of putting it in a new envelope, I upgraded my plan so I could get another DVD and them mail them back together. All told, I’ve spent about $31 renting two discs from The Wire Season 1.
2. Commuting an hour each way to work still sucks for those thinking of moving an hour away from their jobs. I get so tired that I now spend an entire day each week sleeping during commercial breaks of USA network shows so I can recover from the drive.
3. The best part of living with April is that I can borrow her stuff!! Today, for example, I’m wearing some silver shoes she doesn’t like anymore and a set of bangle bracelet. Both are hers and both are fabulous! (Confession, the bangles are really annoying to type with, but I wore them all day anyway because they look so freaking cute).
4. I just had my mug shot taken for my newspaper and even though it’s only going to run in black and white I put on a full coat of make-up because I know that if I ever die in the type of freak accident that kills otherwise healthy 26-year-olds, my paper will totally run that photo large and in color on the front page.
5. WGN was at a meeting I that covered this week for work and I was in some of their shots and now I’m on TV!!! (HERE: http://tinyurl.com/3yjqws5) I’m in the blue dress with the gray sweater, with a laptop in front of me. I dare say my leg looks pretty.
6. Mad Men, the best TV show ever in the history of all things, starts Sunday, but I don’t have AMC (the channel) at my new place. Do you think that’s the kind of thing I could go into Buffalo Wild Wings and request to be put on the big screen?
7. I have fallen in love with food from Panda Express and the accompanying soy sauce packets they hand out by the truck load. The only problem is that there’s probably enough salt in their food to make me pee ocean water.
8. We got our videos of the mission trip last Sunday and it rocks and if you want to cry and be inspired and have your perspective kicked in the butt in less than 18 minutes, hit me up and we can watch it together.